It goes without saying that sex is great, sex is good, sex is unbelievable. However, getting some genital infection either from a regular girlfriend or a casual partner is inevitable. Yeast infections occur not only in women, but in men too, though the former are more prone to them than the latter. Anyway, two partners are usually involved in the sexual process. More so, unprotected sexual intercourse is always considered to be a risk factor. On the other hand, if a woman has a yeast infection, a man may not get one, because sexual transmission of it is rather uncommon. So, why guys must be competent in this issue? Firstly, because health always matters. Secondly, because anyone can face such a problem and an effective solution will get rid of the problem as quickly as possible. Thirdly, complete knowledge of a certain medical condition is to be the 1st aid. No matter, whatever your current knowledge is based on, here are the essentials about the FAQ like “Can men get yeast infections?”
Yeast Infections: 5 Noteworthy Aspects You Probably Never Knew
1. Which men are at risk of getting a yeast infection? First of all, they are those who practice unprotected sex with casual partners. In other cases, the most susceptible male individuals are to be those with diabetes and impaired immune system.
2. Due to the anatomy, the signs and symptoms of any male yeast infection tend to be reddish rash and itching or burning of a penis tip. Although, it is sometimes difficult to identify ‘how do men get yeast infections’, as far as they may have them without any symptoms.
3. Most yeast infections in men are easily treated with the help of over-the-counter antifungal treatments, applied directly to the affected surface 2 times a day for 1 week. Oral medications are also available, but they need prescription and tend to be more expensive.
4. To avoid reinfecting, both you and your partner must be treated, particularly by keeping from sexual contacts until the infection is gone.
5. You may be surprised to find out that men rarely develop genital yeast infections. For better or for worse, you have to recognize all the risk factors and learn how to identify the symptoms. Why, neither you nor your regular partner wants to share a genital infection.
How Do Males Get Yeast Infections, or 5 Notables about His & Hers
- Candidiasis, candidosis, moniliasis, oidiomycosis or simply thrush is a fungal infection caused by one of the Candida species. This condition occurs in various parts of male or female genital areas. Can guys get yeast infections? It is obvious that thrush infections tend to be relatively common both in women and men.
- Women can develop their vaginal yeast infection in the following cases: (1) once the genital area is introduced to a new type of yeast or (2) if the immune system is weakened. As a result, the yeast amount increases as related to the normally present bacteria. The most common complaints among females are itching or burning sensations plus thick, white discharge.
- Either a woman or a man should know that yeast infections do not refer to sexually transmitted infections. Keep in mind that even a celibate woman develops them! But unprotected sex usually passes them along. Consequently, a man commonly gets a penile yeast infection from the woman with an active yeast infection. So, if you ask “Can guys get yeast infections?”, the real-world answer will be “Genital transmission of a yeast infection is rare, but does happen”.
- Men typically feel the following symptoms of yeast infections: painful swelling; red dots at the penis tip; itching; dry, peeling skin; white patches on the penis; and burning during urination. By the way, these and those symptoms can spread to the thighs, buttocks and scrotum. In addition, the above mentioned signs can also indicate some of the STIs (sexually transmitted infections) or more serious conditions.
- In both sexes, a yeast infection can hardly be regarded as a pleasurable experience. Nevertheless, it’s not that big deal worth worrying about. Women are not as lucky as men are, because they may suffer from yeast infections on a regular basis. Remember that males get their yeast infections for the same key reasons that females do, but likelihoods differ.
Can Men Get Candida Infections? 4 Causes Why You May Develop Yeast
Sexual transmission during unprotected sex – A yeast-infected woman can infect her lover, and then treat her own infection, but then get reinfected from him again. That is why it is important to follow safe sex guidelines until both of you are absolutely infection-free.
Antibiotics are far less common than genital transmission, but the other main reason for a penile yeast infection in men. The thing is that the male body has got a list of standard inhabitants in the crotch. And, due to the prolonged use of antibiotics normally-occurring yeast takes over the good ones.
Diabetes also contributes to the occurrance of yeast infections in men, because excess sugar in the male urine adds to yeast food.
Nonoxynol-9 or spermicidal lubricant in condoms is known to cause yeast infections too, though it differs.
Interestingly, but yeast normally exists on absolutely healthy human skin, particularly in warm and moist mouth or genitals. There is a delicate balance of Candida and good bacteria in the body, which can be disturbed and develop yeast infection. Therefore, it is essential to avoid hormonal changes not to allow the fungus to multiply and lead to your yeast infection. Besides, any male can become infected as a result of a sexual intercourse with any infected sexual partner. More so, individuals with a weak immune system or diabetes may require closer medical supervision. The typical treatment consists of OTC anti-fungal creams and ointments, as well as no unprotected sex during the cure, proper personal hygiene and smart diet. Well, can men get yeast infections? Yes, they can. But this is not a serious condition due to 100% competence in the matter.